Sunday, September 6, 2015

Sitting, thinking and remembering!

Before we started this newest journey
in our life and our family, I thought.
I thought about many things.
I remember talking with 
the Social worker for our
home study.
I remember showing her some 
of  the rooms in our house.
I also remember telling her
that I would not be
decorating Lucy's room 
until we were officially matched.

Now that time has come and 
the happiness and joy is over whelming!

I know that I need to work
on  Lucy's room.
I know that I need 
to paint the walls.
I need to get the bed
set up.
I need to make time.
As I sit here on the floor.
I think am I really
needing more time
or am I waiting?

Am I waiting ?

Waiting or avoiding?

As I sit here I remember the 
joy of decorating another little one's room.
I remember all the work we put into his room.
I remember how Paul picked the colors.
I remember the girls painting the walls.
I remember laying the carpet.
I remember putting his bed 
and dresser the room.  
I remember the same feeling 
engulfing my being!
I am over whelmed with emotions
as I look around the room.

AM I ready to start decorating this room?
Am I ready to face all the joys and fears 
that occupy the first stroke of paint.  
Am I ready to jump..
Am I ready to trust that this little 
princess will be home 
with us in a little bit of time?




I am ready!
I am ready to allow the feelings 
to help shape me into someone
that is better.
I am ready to be a mom again.
I am ready to have this little one
run through the house.
I am ready to have this gift 
help me with supper.
I am ready!
I am ready because Miss. Lucy Wu
was not ready to be an orphan..
.
Did you hear me?????

I AM READY
BECAUSE MY PRECIOUS
MISS. LUCY WU
WAS NOT READY TO BE
AN ORPHAN!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment