Saturday, March 21, 2015

National Down Syndrome Day 3-21


It is National Down Syndrome day... This makes me smile and shed tears. It draws my attention to all those little ones that have touched my life and my heart.
 One of them being my baby boy Artem. 
There is not a day that passes that I do not miss holding him. 
There is not a day that I do not remember his laugh as I made those kissy sounds in his ears.
 Then I think about our Little Lucy Wu who is waiting for us and I feel like we are walking in water.
 Some days it feels easy and others it is hard to walk against the tide. 
I think we have all the paper work done right but they needed up dated birth certificates. 
We will do what it takes to give this little one a forever home!
Then I remember how I have changed because of their lives.
 I would love to have every one feel the joy, delight and awe I feel when I look at any one who is quote unquote different!
 I want people to see the spirit of love that can not be taken away. 
I would want people to see the forgiveness that flows from them with that smile.
 Look at those eyes who know nothing but to trust people.
 I see qualities that this world think are foreign instilled in the very soul of these mighty powerful beings. 
I hope that I can have some of these qualities instilled in me and my life. 
I am so very blessed to be apart of their lives. 
I am glad they choose me! I thank God for allowing me to be apart of you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment