Sunday, February 8, 2015

It is well with me...


By nature I am a very independent person who has 
a plan and can see what needs to
be done and does it!
There are moments of the day 
where I feel uncertain 
and unsure of myself.
These moments of uncertainty come
from my lack of sight.
I am a visual person.  I like bright colors.
I like the motion that a windmill makes.
I like to watch the clouds form into different animals.
I like to look down the road and see what is next.

I get anxious when I can not see things,
Then my default setting takes over and 
I feel the need to hold on to the things.  
The need to control what I can 
feel with my hands,
 takes over of my senses.
I try to convince myself that this will
help to ease my anxiety.
It only lasts for a short time.

There have been a multitude of moments in my life 
when I know beyond a shadow of a doubt
God designed it,
directed it,
and 
I had to trust without questions.
and it was all well.

I also know beyond a shadow of a doubt
that there has been times 
when I thought I had the better plans.
I knew it all.
I thought I could fix it!
When I look back on my life and see some moments,
it reminds me that I have a choice.
I get to choose many things.

The most important choice I can make
 is to trust in the one who will
always, always 
love me.
I can trust in my own abilities, and strength.
I can trust I know better even though
my vision can be tunneled!
I can trust in my own awesome self,
 I can plan and execute something that is so far above me.
Why would I do that!
I know myself and I know my faults and flaws!
I also know that I can not even control my own body.
If I could I would not have migraines.
I would have a perfect healthy body and that is not the case.

 I know that I can not possibly do
 what God is suppose to do!
When I am reminded of that fact
it makes my choice easier.

Even though my physical eyes can not see
everything that is coming.
My heart and being 
can see his faithfulness.
I can close my eyes and hear my children's voices.
I know just by the sound of their voice who it is.
I can close my eyes 
and feel the support and love
that my husband gives me.
I can close my eyes and still see a sunset 
that happened last week.

I am learning to close my physical eyes and trust
in what I can not always see.
I cannot see love but I feel it!
I cannot see forgiveness but I can feel it!
I can not see peace but I can feel it!
I cannot see why some things happen and some do  not!

I can feel that peace that all is well.  
Today at this very moment I choice 
not to use my physical eyes to see things.
I want to see the way God sees!
I will trust Him where every the road may bend.
I will trust Him because I have chosen 
to focus my eyes on the one!


We as humans all have a focal point 
we direct our attention to 
in times of good and sorrow!
May it be directed to the one who is
the source of strength.
 Psalms 121:
1I lift up my eyes toward the mountains—
from where will my help come?
2My help is from the LORD,
maker of heaven and earth.

That fact along makes it well with  my soul!
I will try not to fight against you.
I will try to be a better listener.
I will try to listen to your words.
I will try not to doubt what you have said.
I will let my soul go and cling to you!






No comments:

Post a Comment