Monday, July 8, 2013

Seven long months!

The past seven months have been a long fight.
I have to fight back the tears every day that I sit in his room.
I fight back the anger that overwhelms my mind and actions.
I have to fight back the words of retaliation. 
I fight back the doubt and wounds that words have caused.
I fight back the negativity that has invaded my thoughts and dreams!


I have had to fight for people to understand 
how it is possible that I love this little boy.
How I care if he upset.
We spent a week with him and it only took that time
to really confirm that he is my child.
How long does it truly take to fall in love?  
I have had to fight
 I fight to understand why, why,why,
WHY 
why would this be allowed to happen. 
Why do some people get all they want and others have to suffer!
Why do the innocent always teach us the toughest lessons. 
Why does it take us so long to learn.
Why is it hard to love and let go.

WHY....

I have been fighting and it seems that it is in vain.
All of it!
I see with my eyes and I see nothing changing.
  Even so, I will keep fighting for the under dog.
I will keep fighting for love that this world does not understand.
I will keep fighting for the peace and the understanding 
that is uncommon.
I will fight for the right to be loved.
I will fight for the right to be apart of a family.
I will keep fighting because I know that I do not fight alone.
Even when I am bloody and bruised I will fight!
Even when it looks like it is over I will not throw in the towel.
I will fight til the end!
Because I know it will be a part of the bigger picture.
I will fight for my boy Artem
as well as other orphan's because I my self was adopted.



I am so thankful for the right to have a family, love and support.
For that very reason I will fight!
So give me one more round!
I am ready! 


No comments:

Post a Comment